Advanced Sandtray with Rita Greyson
Time & Location
About the event
Thank you all for your patience and understanding while we worked to reschedule Deepening Into Sand Tray Play Therapy with Rita Greyson. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 this event has been canceled. Reimbursements will be made through PayPal.
Please make sure that if you have reserved a room at the hotel, that you call and cancel those arrangements.
Deepening into Sandtray Play Therapy: An Experiential Approach to Enhancing your Skills
This is an intermediate level clinical training designed to deepen the skills of play therapists who have some experience using the sandtray in play therapy.
In this training we will deconstruct a sandtray play therapy session, exploring each aspect of the process experientially while discussing the underlying neurobiological principles that support the healing process. We will deepen our ability to be present with play therapy clients using the sandtray and will practice techniques to help our clients deepen into their experience of their sandtray worlds. At the same time, we will hone our play therapy skills as we trace the effects of the unfolding sandtray play on our own minds and bodies.
- Compare and contrast different play therapy experiences using the sandtray.
- Identify the rationale for each step of a sandtray play therapy session from a neurobiological perspective.
- Distinguish between prompts and directives that support the play therapy process and those that may hinder it.
- Define therapeutic safety from a neurobiological perspective.
- Discuss the importance of safety for clients using the sand tray in play therapy and identify ways to create and maintain it.
- Identify personal challenges to maintaining presence while witnessing a sandtray process in play therapy.
- Practice the appropriate use of countertransference in a sandtray play therapy process.
- Employ witnessing techniques designed to deepen the experience of the client using the sandtray in play therapy.
- Describe the differences in sandtray play therapy sessions with children, adolescents, and adults.
- Assess one’s own capacity for holding the play therapy process using the sandtray and formulate a plan for continued growth as applicable.
- Sandtray with Rita Greyson$325$3250$0